|Fair Oaks||–||(703) 391-4250|
Questions About Proton Therapy?Our physicians are the only providers of Proton Therapy in Northern Virginia, and are all highly trained in the delivery of Proton Therapy for a wide range of tumor types. To learn more, please call today at: (703) PROTONS or (703) 776 8667.
AppointmentsRadiation Oncology Associates is the leader in comprehensive and cutting-edge radiation oncology therapy services in convenient and accessible locations across Northern Virginia. We are highly-experienced cancer specialists dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate care for patients and their families.
Call our general number to schedule an appointment at any of our locations.
Welcome to Radiation Oncology Associates
Radiation Oncology Associates is a group of ten board certified physicians who provide radiation oncology care and expertise in Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties, as well as the city of Alexandria. Effective, safe and compassionate care of the whole person and their family is our top priority, made possible by our multidisciplinary approach and personalized philosophy that is unparalleled in Northern Virginia. We provide cutting-edge, precise radiation therapy for a comprehensive range of malignancies including central nervous system, head and neck, thoracic, breast, upper & lower gastrointestinal, genitourinary, gynecologic, musculoskeletal, skin, lymphoid & myeloid, blood, as well as pediatric cancers. We are highly experienced in treating benign conditions such as heterotopic ossification, Dupuytren’s contracture, desmoid tumors, keloid scars, and gynecomastia.
The best cancer care requires dedicated and compassionate providers who understand the complexity of your needs. Each of our new patient’s cases undergoes individualized, thoughtful review and discussion at our weekly radiation oncology physician conference. With the goal of maximum efficacy and optimal safety in mind, new radiation plans for our patients must also pass our weekly radiation oncology peer-review process. This important review meeting brings together the input from our ten board-certified radiation oncology physicians, as well as nurses, radiation therapists, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists, and social work specialists. Advanced and complex cancer cases are further discussed in person with experienced surgeons and medical oncologists at our specialty-specific multidisciplinary tumor boards. While receiving radiation therapy, our patients benefit from weekly physician and nursing checkup visits, and daily physician verification of the accuracy, precision and safety of your treatments. Our commitment is to healing the whole person and to achieve the best outcomes for your cancer treatment.
Comprehensive Oncology Services in Northern Virginia
Falls Church | Woodbridge | Alexandria | Leesburg | Fairfax
Why Choose Us
Radiation Oncology Associates provide cutting-edge technologies and procedures for optimal patient outcome.
- Highly-experienced oncologists, physicians and care staff
- State-of-the-Art oncology equipment and technologies
- Advanced medical, surgical and radiation procedures
- Comprehensive range of supportive services
- Best approaches for prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Providing access to clinical trials for new treatments
- Customized treatment plan for your cancer
- Offering compassionate, supportive environment that
- Convenient locations in Northern Virginia
- Family-centered and comfortable facilities
36 Years Experience
Radiation Oncology Associates has grown over the years to a group of ten board certified physicians who are the exclusive providers of professional services in radiation oncology in Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties, as well as the city of Alexandria.
Quality and Safety
Radiation Oncology Associates and the Inova Health System are proud to announce our new APEx accreditation from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Accreditation Program for Excellence.
News & Events
- Dr. Sarah Gao publishes on SBRT for early stage lung cancer – Click to View Article
- Dr. Daniel Kim publishes on the implications of practice consolidation among radiation oncologists – Click to View Article
- Dr. Daniel Kim publishes on using next-generation sequencing to identify genomic alterations associated with immunotherapy response in various cancers – Click to View Article
- Dr. Daniel Kim invited to give lecture on the role of radiotherapy (including protons and Cyberknife) for pituitary tumors – Click to View Article
- Dr. Daniel Kim publishes on optimizing the workup and treatment in men with high-risk prostate cancer – Click to View Article
- Dr. Daniel Kim publishes liver-directed ablative therapy with radiotherapy in pancreatic cancer – Click to View Article
- Dr. Tobias Chapman selected as a Rising Star by Castle Connolly Top Doctors – Click to View Article
- Dr. Avani Rao publishes on plan quality effects of proton therapy for central nervous system and skull base tumors in Radiotherapy and Oncology – Click to View Article
- Dr. Lonika Majithia publishes on The Clinical Utility of DCISionRT on Radiation Therapy
Decision Making in Patients with Ductal Carcinoma In Situ Following Breast-Conserving Surgery in Annals of Surgical Oncology – Click to View Article
- How Washington’s Ron Rivera Faced Cancer Without Missing A Game
- Dr. Andrew Song publishes on post-operative hypofractionated stereotactic radiation for brain metastases in JAMA Oncology
- Dr. Gopal Bajaj discusses Proton Beam Radiotherapy coming to Inova Schar Cancer Institute – Click to View Article
- Dr. Michael Eblan publishes on the risk of cardiac toxicity after radiotherapy for treatment of lung cancer in the Journal of Clinical Oncology – Click to View Article
- Dr. Kevin Choe publishes on brain metastases and radiosurgery in the Journal of Neurooncology – Click to View Article
- Washingtonian Magazine names 5 ROA Physicians the Top Doctors in the DC Area for 2018! – Click to View Article
- Washingtonian Magazine Names 6 ROA Physicians as Top Doctors in 2016 – Click to View Article